Trade Association seeks Talented Sales Manager to lead ad sales for award-winning publication
TorchLight Hire is seeking an Advertising Sales Manager for a non-profit association located in Washington, DC. The role will be responsible for account management and net new/existing advertising sales for the organization’s global flagship publication. Qualified candidates should have five (5) + years of sales experience, and a media industry background is mandatory.
Qualified applicants are ideally in the Washington, D.C., or Northern VA areas. Fully remote employees are also encouraged to apply U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Full-time, direct hire role, 40 hours per week. Hybrid (three days/week) on-site position in Washington, DC office.
- Proactively pitch the publication’s advertising packages to all potential clients
- Identify prospective clients and maintain pipeline of potential advertisers
- Create and execute business development strategies to meet assigned sales goals
- Create multichannel opportunities to enhance sales and client engagement
- Handle all client account management including development of retention strategies
- Prepare sales presentations, RFPs, and marketing materials
Skills & Experience:
- Five (5) + years of sales and business development experience in a media environment; ad agency experience a plus
- Strong relationship and networking skills with a track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals
- Prior experience and expertise in digital marketing channels, including social media and content marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong ability to present to various audiences
- Past experience managing a team
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.