Mission driven non-profit in DC seeks Marketing Specialist to manage brand development and strategy efforts
TorchLight Hire is seeking a Brand Marketing Specialist for a DC-based global membership association. This critical role will serve as the internal brand evangelist managing design of brand positioning, visual identity, messaging, and tracking. Qualified individuals should have 3+ years of integrated marketing experience with a heavy focus on brand management.
Organization located in Washington, DC and seeking local candidates ONLY. U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Direct hire full-time job opportunity. Hybrid role with flexible work from home options.
- Contribute to the development of global brand strategy from ideation through execution
- Steward the brand (voice, visual identity, brand positioning, naming, messaging framework)
- Assist in supporting new product/program strategies to align with brand
- Use research and insights to define target markets and strategic direction for top-of-funnel brand campaigns
- Responsible for defining brand KPIs to monitor key metrics
- Work with Director of Research and Insights to define brand measurement plan and track present recommendations
- Lead the creation and execution of brand and messaging for key global conferences
- Manage Canva account
- Lead the development and ongoing management of brand governance, guidelines, toolkits, and assets
Skills and experience:
- 3+ years of brand, advertising agency, brand strategy, or equivalent experience; experience working in a global organization a plus
- Working knowledge of NPS and brand tracking surveys
- Ability to manage brand activities across all stages of development
- Experience in designing and implementing successful top-of-funnel integrated brand campaigns
- Skilled in managing outside vendors, including agencies
- Excellent written and verbal communicator (including presentation capabilities)
- Excellent project management skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Word and PowerPoint; experience in design software and Canva is a plus
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.