Seeking a dynamic Business Development Specialist
TorchLight is seeking a dynamic Business Development Specialist to join our internal Account team. The ideal candidate is a motivated, organized, and creative individual that loves the challenge of researching and developing new business and building long-term, trusted relationships in the staffing and recruiting space. In this role your key responsibility will be helping us grow our business by expanding our work with existing accounts and acquiring work with new ones. We are looking for a candidate who will become a leading brand ambassador for our firm in digital channels and in real life!
Fully remote position. Qualified applicants are ideally located in the DC Metro area.
U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Direct Hire opportunity. Full-time job, 40-hours per week.
Note: This position does have a vaccination requirement.
- Build and manage lead development pipeline – You’re often the first person who the prospect interacts with, and you set the tone for TorchLight’s trusted, expert recruiting partnerships
- Qualify sales leads from web inquiries, referrals, and marketing outreach based upon lead qualification criteria. Not all leads are good leads so in time you’ll be playing a key role in helping shape our client base
- Conduct research within targeted accounts and prospects to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to prospecting call. You will help our team make better decisions based on your sleuthing skills
- Develop market strategies by researching lists of high potential prospects. You will help us grow our business
- Cultivate strong business relationships with key decision makers. People are the most important part of our business and your efforts are critical to this most important work
- Update lead status and all prospect interaction in CRM application daily
Skills and experience:
- Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus
- 1-3+ years of sales or account management experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills- you know what to say and more importantly, how to say it
- Excellent written communication skills – you know how to write with wit and personality- and most importantly your social media posts and emails lead to a response
- Energy and Creativity. Ability to work in a high energy, fast–paced sales environment
- You think out-of-the-box and wow people with your interesting angles and quality work
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.
Please note that many of our clients have instituted COVID-19 vaccination requirements for on-site work.