Seeking Business Development Specialist for growing DC-area company
TorchLight is seeking a Business Development Specialist for a growing analytics company based in the DC area. This is a rare opportunity to partner with the organization's senior leadership to support and grow business within both the federal and commercial spaces. Qualified candidates will possess strong business development experience, including proposal development and pipeline tracking (STRONG writing skills a must – samples will be required).
Qualified applicants must be located in the Washington D.C. or Baltimore metro areas and have U.S. Citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
- Provide support to VP of Business Development regarding all matters of business development
- Prepare weekly tracking reports
- Draft and update business development and marketing content
- Research new bd opportunities and track competitive research
- Partner with leadership team on development of proposals
- Four (4) + years of business development experience; knowledge of IT systems or advanced analytics a plus
- Experience using business development platforms such as GovWin, GSA eBuy, SAM.gov OR strong willingness and aptitude to train in these areas
- Shipley Business Development Certification a big plus (or willingness to become certified while in the role)
- Top notch communications skills – written and verbal
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications, or related field
TorchLight matches qualified candidates like you with marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We can help you find a new position at a variety of exciting organizations that match your career goals and aspirations. Whether you are interested in contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions, we are 100% committed to ensuring that you have a positive candidate experience and to helping you succeed in your next career move. Benefits for Contractors In addition to competitive compensation, TorchLight offers our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance and 401(k) plans. Contact us for more information.