Seeking Talented Communications and Content Manager for Mission-based Organization
TorchLight is seeking a Communications and Content Manager for a mission-based organization located in Elkridge, Maryland. The Communications and Content Manager will lead the creation of communications/content and marketing programs for digital and traditional platforms. He or she will be a skilled storyteller who can effectively drive engagement around key organizational messages.
Qualified applicants must be located in the D.C./Baltimore metro area. U.S. Citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required for this opportunity. Position requires full-time on-site work for first 90 days followed by 3 days/week on-site post 90-days.
- Develop communications, marketing and content strategies that meet company objectives
- Create content for digital platforms including web, video, email and social media
- Write, design and edit collateral and content including print materials, reports, flyers, etc.
- Develop and deploy social media posts that support messaging goals
- Update website content in a timely fashion
- Produce and deploy emails to target audiences
- Oversee development of articles and stories and pitch to media and analyst audiences
- Manage inbound media requests and communications
- Create presentations for internal and external usage
- Organize and manage photo/video archive
- Assist on other projects as needed
- 4+ years of experience in a communications or marketing role,
- Experience with content development and management
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver successful communication and marketing strategies and content for digital and traditional platforms
- Working knowledge of social media management and posting
- Exposure to PR/media relations including pitching, reputation management and managing media inquires
- Experience with online editing and marketing tools (Constant Contact) desirable
- Comfortable designing collateral and other marketing materials using Adobe tools
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong project management skills
- Familiarity with international development and environmental topics
- B.A./B.S. in Communications, Marketing or related field. Writing samples required.
TorchLight matches qualified candidates like you with marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We can help you find a new position at a variety of exciting organizations that match your career goals and aspirations. Whether you are interested in contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions, we are 100% committed to ensuring that you have a positive candidate experience and to helping you succeed in your next career move. Benefits for Contractors In addition to competitive compensation, TorchLight offers our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance and 401(k) plans. Contact us for more information.