Seeking strategic B2B corporate communications expert for high-growth company
Are you a highly strategic and creative communications expert with experience driving successful B2B integrated communications campaigns? TorchLight is seeking a Director of Communications for a fast-growing professional services company. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience managing internal and external communications across multiple channels, working directly with c-suite, and managing brand strategy. If you are a strategic communications pro with demonstrative success in a start-up environment, this leadership opportunity could be for you!
Hybrid opportunity in Arlington, VA. Qualified applicants must be in the Washington, D.C. Metro area. U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Full-time, direct hire role, 40-hours per week with flexible work-from-home (WFH) options
- Develop and execute an integrated communications strategy covering brand communications, internal communications, and overarching communications strategy through traditional and digital channels.
- Serve as a thought partner to the executive leadership team.
- Write and edit content across various channels, including internal announcements, intranet articles, emails, talking points, fact sheets, presentations, press releases, video scripts, and web copy.
- Manage corporate and executive media relations, including drafting press releases, talking points, and thought leadership content.
- Offer guidance to internal stakeholders in the development of communications plans and associated assets or collateral.
- Maintain consistent branding and messaging across internal and external channels.
- Manage key vendors in line with budget and priorities.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, product, and ops teams to develop lead-to-customer conversion strategies and tactics.
Skills and experience:
- 10+ years’ experience in B2B communications and change management, with a focus on both internal and external communications; professional services industry experience a must.
- Comfort and experience working in a player-coach role.
- Impeccable writing and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Desire to “push the envelope”, be solutions-oriented, and be a change agent.
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.