Seeking a creative, innovative senior communications pro to deliver impact for D.C.-area company
We’re looking for a talented Director of Communications for a company based in the Washington, D.C. area. The Director of Communications will develop an innovative, multichannel communications strategy that leverages different platforms and media to distribute impactful stories to target audiences. He or she will work with a wide variety of internal and external resources and manage a team of communications pros.
Washington, D.C./Baltimore metro areas with WFH options.
Candidates must have U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
- Create and execute multi-channel communications strategy and plans
- Develop overall messaging architecture and positioning for different audiences
- Partner with media including effective pitches to obtain media coverage
- Write and disseminate a variety of communications including press releases, blogs, social media campaigns, web content, case studies and others
- Serve as project manager for all communications programs, ensuring timelines and deliverable expectations are met
- Report and analyze communications program performance and make recommendations for improvement
- Manage and develop communications team
- 7+ year of experience in multi-channel communications
- Demonstrated success developing and executing communications strategies and messaging across various media and channels
- Experienced with media relations and pitches
- Working knowledge of social media channels
- Strong analytical abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.
Please note that many of our clients have instituted COVID-19 vaccination requirements for on-site work.