Seeking versatile, talented Communications Specialist for local organization
Are you a versatile, strong communicator with experience promoting a local, community brand? TorchLight Hire is seeking a Communications Specialist (Contract-to-Hire) for a non-profit based in the Baltimore area. Ideal candidates will have 3+ years of communications experience and the ability to manage overall strategy. The Communications Specialist is responsible for promoting captivating communications, strategy, and media relations to bring attention to this local asset. If you are driven and have established communications skills; this job could be for you!
Qualified applicants must be located in the Baltimore metro area. U.S. Citizenship or a US permanent residency card is required for this opportunity.
- Work alongside Director of Marketing and Communications to develop, implement, and manage communications strategy.
- Use writing and editing skills to ensure web, blog, and newsletter content aligns with organization’s brand.
- Draft and publish content across various channels.
- Manage a team of part-time freelance and guest writers.
- Analyze and review metrics and adjust campaigns based on performance.
- Serve as main media contact.
- Work closely with communications teams to improve and align branding efforts on a variety of platforms.
- Use marketing tools to promote events, programs, and workshops.
- 3+ years of media relations, communications, or journalism experience
- Strong writing, copyediting, and public speaking skills
- Understanding of SEO and communication KPIs.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
- Expert-level skills with publishing applications, Constant Contact, and CRM systems.
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.