Seeking talented multicultural communications professional for DC-based organization
Are you an expert writer and editor with experience in multicultural and IT-related communications? TorchLight is seeking a Communications Specialist (Contract) to develop and execute the communications strategy and plans for the multicultural business unit with a particular focus on technology initiatives. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in communications with the ability to work effectively with IT team members.
Candidates must have U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity. Ideally, candidates will be located in the DC or Baltimore areas.
- Develop effective communications strategy and roadmap for organization, with focus on technology initiatives
- Create and execute communication plans that support strategic goals
- Deliver a range of communications materials including team briefings, town hall communiques, staff meeting updates, newsletters and others
- Manage event calendar
- Partner with internal communications department to align messaging
- Support change management initiatives and planning needs including input and implementation
- Collaborate with team members to provide regular communications deliverables
- Work with IT and other experts to develop and launch technology-related communications
- Develop compelling communication tools for leadership and others to engage target audiences (ex. Presentations and related materials)
- Oversee collaborative knowledge sharing group to ensure key information is exchanged and communicated
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in multicultural communications
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing communications strategy and plans
- Experience working with IT professionals to develop effective communications deliverables for non-tech audience
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Strong project management abilities
TorchLight matches qualified candidates like you with marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We can help you find a new position at a variety of exciting organizations that match your career goals and aspirations. Whether you are interested in contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions, we are 100% committed to ensuring that you have a positive candidate experience and to helping you succeed in your next career move. Benefits for Contractors In addition to competitive compensation, TorchLight offers our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance and 401(k) plans. Contact us for more information.