Seeking outstanding writer, editor, and communications project manager to join DC-based social compliance non-profit
TorchLight Hire is seeking a Communications Specialist to manage messaging/communications strategies, media relations, content marketing (including writing/editing), website management and more for an exciting social responsibility-focused non-profit based in Arlington, VA. This role requires candidates that are detail-obsessed and love writing content for a variety of audiences and communications channels. Writing samples will be required for consideration.
Qualified applicants should be located in the DC Metro area. Role will be expected to perform duties in a hybrid in-office/work from home model. Office located in Arlington, VA.
U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Direct hire, full-time job, 40-hours per week
- Work with organization’s senior leadership to develop a company-wide communications strategy plan, including work on brand and messaging standards
- Write and edit materials across the communications spectrum to include newsletters, event materials, website content, social media posts and more
- Manage incoming press requests and work with leadership to fulfill inquiries whenever necessary
- Project manage organization’s website, working with an outside vendor to ensure brand and messaging standards are met across the site
Skills and experience:
- 3+ years of communications, PR, content marketing experience and/or communications project management experience
- Expert level writing and editing skills with demonstrated ability to produce outstanding original written content
- Media relations exposure and knowledge of thought leadership best practices
- Ability to project manage a variety of internal tasks, communicate updates to senior leadership, and adhere to high expectations around precise messaging to company stakeholders
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.