Seeking knowledgeable, detail-oriented writer with B2B/B2G expertise
Are you an excellent writer with the ability to translate complex technology topics into engaging content for general audiences? TorchLight is looking for a Content Producer and Writer for an organization based in the Washington, DC area. Ideal candidates will have 4+ years of B2B/B2G experience researching and writing compelling content including long- and short-form formats. If you are ready to deliver excellent writing and serve as a subject matter expert for government and related technology topics, this job could be for you!
Qualified applicants will ideally be located in the Washington D.C. or Baltimore metro areas and have U.S. Citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
- Deliver compelling and engaging content on key topics in government IT and related areas
- Research, write and edit engaging articles, white papers, features and other formats
- Ensure all materials are easily understood by general audiences
- Maintain approved messaging, tone, voice and other style guidelines in all materials
- Serve as subject matter expert for key technology topics including government IT, cybersecurity, networking and others; stay up to date on key issues and trends
- Partner with content and agency client teams
- 4+ years of writing experience; B2B/B2G and technology experience preferred
- Proven success writing compelling content including thought leadership, marketing, news and other short-form content
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Effective verbal communication abilities with responsive team-oriented style
- Strong project management skills with strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of AP style
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.