Seeking a Copy Editor for an immediate opportunity to edit content for a world-renowned brand
TorchLight is seeking a Copy Editor (Long-term contract) with significant creative collateral editing experience across multiple channels in this 100% remote role. You will be responsible for ensuring that all creative content is free of copy errors, is concise, and is consistent as well as grammatically and factually correct. If you’ve got experience ensuring that marketing materials adhere to brand guidelines and a keen eye for details, then this role could be for you!
100% remote opportunity.
Candidates must have U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. to be an eligible for this opportunity.
Long-term contract opportunity; full-time 40-hours per week with a package of benefits available.
Note: This client has instituted a COVID-19 vaccination requirement prior to submission of application for any on-site workers.
- Primary proofreader and copy editor to ensure all copy is free of errors, is concise, grammatically and factually accurate and adheres to brand standards and guidelines
- Review creative collateral and copy documents to artwork for consistency
- Ensure copy follows creative brief developed and all materials are to specifications
- Validate requirements and cross-reference artwork against input from approvers
- Edit and rewrite copy to match asset requirements and word counts required
- Fine tune structure, tone of voice, always ensuring clarity and that it’s applicable to the intended audience
- 3+ years of copyediting and/or copywriting experience; agency experience a plus
- REQUIRED: Compelling, cutting-edge online portfolio
- Experience working with creative briefs to and editing copy-decks to ultimately deliver stellar marketing/advertising copy
- Edit copy so that it meets strategic objectives
- Highly proficient at editing and writing copy/content for banner ads, social media and email
- Expert editing and proofreading skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Highly adept at developing strong working relationships
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.