Non-profit dedicated to serving the Latino community in political and civic engagement seeks talented Creative Director to lead design and web team
TorchLight has a great opportunity for a civics-minded creative to join a non-profit in DC working to advance issues central to the Latino community. Qualified candidates will possess 8+ years of experience in graphic design or visual communications and a track record of managing a team. Candidates must submit portfolio of design work to be considered.
Organization has major hubs in DC and Los Angeles, but remote candidates are encouraged to apply.
U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Direct hire, full-time job, 40 hours/week.
Note: This client has instituted a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for this position.
- Serve as creative lead for all graphic design and marketing materials, both print and online
- Manage day-to-day activities of in-house creative and web team
- Work in concert with organization’s leadership to develop branding for events
- Act as main point of contact for all design and web-related vendor relationships
Skills and experience:
- 8+ years of experience in graphic design, visual communications, or related field
- Wide variety of design experience including page layout, infographics, web design, marketing materials development, event materials, logo/branding, and more
- Proficiency in using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver
- Understanding of Social Media platforms and design best practices
- CMS familiarity, WordPress a plus
- Working knowledge of HTML/HTML5, CSS
- Spanish fluency a plus
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.
Please note that many of our clients have instituted COVID-19 vaccination requirements for on-site work.