Seeking talented Data Visualization Designer for global non-profit
TorchLight is seeking a talented Data Visualization Designer for a global organization based in Washington, D.C. The Data Visualization Designer will create effective presentations, infographics and other design assets that tell compelling visual stories. He or she will have excellent design abilities, along with a keen understanding of how to translate complex data into easy to understand graphical representations.
Remote candidates will be considered. Qualified applicants must have U.S. Citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
- Develop compelling data visualization and information graphics to communicate organization’s mission and offerings
- Execute design deliverables including concepting, storyboards, comps and final design pieces
- Translate data into easy-to-understand visual stories targeted to general audiences
- Assimilate and assess data findings to identify key messages for visual communication
- Create copy to accompany visual assets
- Develop additional design materials for key communications with internal and external audiences
- Collaborate with department management and team members on a variety of initiatives
- 4+ years of experience in data analytics and visualization; global development experience highly desired
- Skilled visual storyteller who can create compelling presentations and graphics using data and complex information
- Ability to work with varied file formats and media and optimize presentations for multiple platforms
- Highly developed design aesthetic and graphic design abilities
- Superior written and verbal abilities
- Strong project management skills with high attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Python and R
- Web development and data science language knowledge a plus
- Use of VR, illustration and other visual storytelling tools desired
TorchLight matches qualified candidates like you with marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We can help you find a new position at a variety of exciting organizations that match your career goals and aspirations. Whether you are interested in contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions, we are 100% committed to ensuring that you have a positive candidate experience and to helping you succeed in your next career move. Benefits for Contractors In addition to competitive compensation, TorchLight offers our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance and 401(k) plans. Contact us for more information.