Seeking proactive external communications leader with technology industry experience
Are you a proactive external communications leader with technology industry experience? TorchLight is seeking an External Communications Director for a DC-area organization. Ideal candidates will have 15+ years of experience in B2B or B2G communications with particular expertise in media relations and crisis communications. If you meet these requirements, possess the ability to motivate a team of professionals and are ready to significantly expand a high-performing communications program, this job may be for you!
Qualified applicants will ideally be in the D.C./Baltimore metro area. U.S. Citizenship or a US permanent residency card is required for this opportunity.
- Develop integrated communications campaigns that drive business results
- Create and oversee execution of media strategies that produce multi-channel coverage in national, technology and government media
- Create new speakers’ bureau, manage awards programs and support other PR initiatives like events, company tours and related activities
- Drive media and PR initiatives to support corporate growth and business development
- Develop multichannel text and visual content (news releases, multimedia content, social media and others) that communicates market differentiation and meets business objectives
- Develop crisis communications plans including talking points for internal and external audiences, escalation plans and protocols
- Support and prepare leadership and other team members for outside communication opportunities
- Manage and develop team of high-performing communications professionals to meet departmental and company objectives
- Provide reports and analysis on media performance
- Serve as on-call resource for media requests and crisis communications
- 10+ years of experience in B2B and/or B2G public relations for technology organizations; management experience required
- Proven success driving media and communications strategy including planning, execution and performance analysis
- Deep experience writing PR releases, talking points, op-eds, social media and other content to drive awareness
- Significant knowledge of media relations and digital storytelling
- Highly adept at delivering effective crisis communications programs
- Ability to partner with leadership and manage individual and group communications
- Working knowledge of effective communication techniques with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong project management skills
- Familiarity with tech and government contracting
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- APR or related certification a plus
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.