Seeking business development leader for DC-based communications agency
TorchLight is seeking a Director of Business Development and Marketing for a boutique strategic communications agency located in Washington, D.C. The Director is responsible for generating new clients and maximizing overall revenue. He/she will be a proven business development leader with the ability to manage and optimize prospect pipelines and communicate effectively with both potential and new clients.
Qualified applicants must be located in the Washington D.C. or Baltimore metro areas. No relocation assistance is available. Candidates located outside of these areas only considered if willing to relocate. Candidates must have U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
- Create business development and marketing programs
- Grow new business pipeline and manage transition process for new clients
- Serve as key communication point for prospective and new clients; oversee accounts and goal attainment
- Create and execute plans to raise awareness of organization and leadership
- Develop, write, and deliver prospect pitches, as well as create marketing materials like capabilities collateral, promotional messaging for web, sales sheets, and other vehicles
- Provides reports and analysis on business development pipeline, as well as prospects and client success and opportunities
- Attend key industry events and maximize networking opportunities
- 7+ years of experience in business development; experience with PR agency-based accounts preferred
- Proven success in implementation of business development programs and plans to generate new business
- Excellent client management abilities
- Professional trade organization membership in PR-related field
- Experience with Insight.ly ideal
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills with high attention to detail
TorchLight matches qualified candidates like you with marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We can help you find a new position at a variety of exciting organizations that match your career goals and aspirations. Whether you are interested in contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions, we are 100% committed to ensuring that you have a positive candidate experience and to helping you succeed in your next career move. Benefits for Contractors In addition to competitive compensation, TorchLight offers our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance and 401(k) plans. Contact us for more information.