Seeking Director of Development for global non-profit
TorchLight is seeking a Director of Development for a global non-profit organization located in Washington, DC. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with deep experience in fundraising – individual, foundations, and corporate – to join an innovative and growth-oriented non-profit in a new role.
This organization is located in Washington, DC but qualified candidates not living in the metropolitan DC area may be considered remotely.
Qualified applicants must have U.S. Citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
- Analyze and understand the organization's mission and past fundraising successes to create a fundraising and development strategy, identifying immediate and future opportunities to raise awareness for the organization amongst potential donors
- Develop ongoing efforts to identify prospects, leads and partnership opportunities for the organization
- Manage long-term strategic planning to contribute to organization's growth strategies
- Work with the Director of Communications and other internal teams to craft messaging aimed at raising awareness of the organization amongst influential individuals, thought leaders, and potential corporate partners
- 7+ years of experience in a fundraising and/or non-profit development role, ideally with a global perspective
- Strong relationship building and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a keen ability to interact with a variety of audiences
TorchLight matches qualified candidates like you with marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We can help you find a new position at a variety of exciting organizations that match your career goals and aspirations. Whether you are interested in contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions, we are 100% committed to ensuring that you have a positive candidate experience and to helping you succeed in your next career move. Benefits for Contractors In addition to competitive compensation, TorchLight offers our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance and 401(k) plans. Contact us for more information.