TorchLight is seeking a Director of Marketing & Digital Strategy for a DC-based media company. The Director will manage a team of marketing professionals and oversee the implementation of lead acquisition, subscription, and retention initiatives. The role will work with the product, IT, and sales groups to develop and optimize consumer-based products that meet marketing and business objectives
Qualified applicants must be located in the Washington D.C. or Baltimore metro areas and have U.S. Citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
- Develop and oversee execution of marketing strategy including lead gen, engagement and retention for traditional and digital publishing products
- Lead implementation of multichannel acquisition campaigns including email, social media, direct mail and others
- Deliver effective retention programs using digital, print and phone-based channels
- Establish digital product goals, priorities and pricing; determine requirements and work with cross-departmental staff to implement
- Increase audience, usage and revenue from digital products; evaluate and optimize customer experience in partnership with product development team
- Provide analysis and insights for all marketing initiatives including campaign reporting and web performance; make recommendations for ongoing optimization
- Establish annual budgets and perform monthly financial analysis/tasks
- Develop audience/circulation/revenue forecasts for existing and potential products
- Manage marketing team and daily marketing operations
- 7+ years of experience in subscription/membership marketing
- Proven success developing and delivering marketing strategies that meet/exceed lead gen, subscription, retention and revenue goals
- Strong expertise in acquisition, engagement and retention marketing
- High level of proficiency in direct/integrated marketing
- Working knowledge of SEO/SEM
- Expert project management skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at team management
- B.A. in Marketing, Communications or related field
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.