Seeking Director of PR & Media Relations for DC-based organization
TorchLight is seeking a Director of PR & Media Relations for an organization located in Washington, D.C. The Director will manage and execute a wide variety of strategic public relations and account management duties, as well as manage a small team of PR professionals. The Director will be skilled at both strategy and implementation and have excellent client development and management skills. Candidates with agency and communications experience on Capitol Hill highly encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants must be located in the Washington D.C. or Baltimore metro areas. No relocation assistance is available. Candidates located outside of these areas only considered if willing to relocate. Candidates must have U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
- Create public relations programs for clients including objectives, strategy and implementation plans
- Manage key client accounts including plan development, onboarding, media outreach and monitoring, along with results reporting
- Work with media outlets daily to generate coverage and pitch article placements
- Develop media lists for on and offline channels, including broadcast and radio
- Write and edit media kit and related materials including media alerts, case studies and others
- Arrange and manage interviews with media
- Oversee social media campaigns
- Support key marketing initiatives and event sponsorships
- Perform administrative duties as needed
- Hire and oversee junior staff
- 8+ years of experience in public relations; agency, Capitol Hill and/or advocacy experience preferred
- Proven success in national and local media placement
- Adept at client relationship and account management
- Working knowledge of CRM systems and processes
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing PR team
- Strong project management skills with high attention to detail
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.