Agency client seeking strong integrated marketing/communications and social media professional to lead government account team
TorchLight Hire is seeking a Social Media Director to lead a team of 10 at agency focused on high-profile federal government accounts. Ideal candidates will have strong management experience in an agency setting with past exposure to government agency clients. This professional will have a broad background in digital communications strategy with a strong focus on social media.
DMV-based or fully remote candidates will be considered (East Coast preferred).
U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Direct hire, full-time job, 40-hours per week.
- Work with client leads to develop social strategy plans for all federal client accounts
- Serve as agency subject matter expert on all things social
- Manage internal teams as they work to optimize messaging and content for all client social media initiatives
- Lead the process for tracking and reporting on all campaign analytics
- Participate in business development efforts including proposal development
- Directly manage three internal direct reports with oversight of a larger team of 10
Skills and experience:
- 8+ years of related integrated marketing/communications experience with strong expertise in social media strategy/execution
- Background working in agency account management, specifically for federal government clients
- Strong management experience with track record of developing staff
- Client-driven mentality with ability to manage a variety of accounts and competing deadlines
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.
Please note that many of our clients have instituted COVID-19 vaccination requirements for on-site work.