Seeking an innovative storyteller to deliver communications impact for D.C.-area global non-profit
TorchLight is seeking a Director of Strategic Communications for a company based in Washington, D.C. The Director of Strategic Communications will develop an innovative, multichannel communications strategy that leverages different platforms and media to distribute impactful stories to target audiences. This role will work with a wide variety of internal and external resources and stakeholders to deliver on goals and objectives.
Organization is in Washington, DC and local DMV-based candidates are encouraged to apply. U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Direct hire, full-time job, 40 hours/week. Organization will return to office setting two days/week in 2022.
Note: This client has instituted a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for this position.
- Create and execute multi-channel communications strategy and plans
- Develop overall messaging architecture and positioning for different audiences
- Provide ongoing updates to high-level executives and business partners
- Partner with media including effective pitches to obtain media coverage
- Identify and collect stories from various sources that effectively communicate organizational message
- Write and disseminate a variety of communications including press releases, blogs, social media campaigns, web content, case studies, and others
- Serve as project manager for all communications programs, ensuring timelines and deliverable expectations are met
- Report and analyze communications program performance and make recommendations for improvement
- Regularly update website and social media channels; provide social media training to executives and staff
- Support other initiatives as required
Skills and experience:
- 5+ year of experience in strategic communications, including significant experience with media relations
- Demonstrated success developing and executing communications strategies and messaging across various media and channels
- Highly adept at extracting compelling stories from data insights
- Strong project manager with high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.
Please note that many of our clients have instituted COVID-19 vaccination requirements for on-site work.