DC-Based membership organization seeks Director of Research and Insights to fill important new role
TorchLight Hire is seeking a Director of Research and Insights for a DC-based membership organization. This is a new position reporting to the organization’s CMO and will work to build out an infrastructure for organizational research. The Director will manage internal surveys, analytics platforms, and vendors to create, analyze, and present research.
Hybrid work opportunity. Ideal candidates are located in the Washington, D.C. area. U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Direct hire full-time job opportunity. Hybrid work environment with flexible work-from-home options (WFH).
- Define strategy and infrastructure for organization’s new research team
- Create roadmap to develop understanding of member needs and priorities
- Define a research methodology and approach to measure organization’s brand awareness
- Perform annual competitive analysis of key industries and associations
- Identify and profile target audiences and monitor overall health of membership base
- Integrate primary research, customer data, secondary sources, and marketplace intelligence
- Lead research to support product development and go-to-market strategies
Skills and experience:
- Eight (8) + years of experience in User Research, Market Research, Customer Insights, or related field in customer-centric companies; membership/trade association experience a plus
- Proven track record in leading research teams
- Deep understanding of diverse research methodologies, large data sets, and a track record of translating insights into business impact
- Demonstrated background in building and scaling research capacity
- Demonstrated impact on a product or company's overall strategic direction through marketing research
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.