Seeking expert Director of Special Projects for mission-driven tech organization
TorchLight is looking for a Director of Special Projects for a mission-driven tech organization based in Northern Virginia. If you are passionate about leading change initiatives and helping companies optimize their processes and performance, this opportunity could be the perfect fit! Working directly with the Head of Strategic Communications and other leaders and stakeholders across the organization, the Director will help drive strategic transformation and special projects within the communications department. Top candidates will have 7+ years’ experience in project/process improvement and management, having managed special projects for a business unit, department or organization.
Qualified applicants must be located in the Washington D.C. or Baltimore metro areas. Candidates must have U.S. citizenship to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Position requires 10-15% travel when travel resumes.
- Effectively lead project management function with focus on improving workflow and efficiency across organization
- Drive high priority strategic change and special projects for the strategic communications team
- Collaborate with leadership team to set strategic agenda and establish plan to effectively communicate priority programs and projects to internal audiences
- Manage key communications, creative, writing and editorial initiatives, ensuring that quality standards are met
- Expertly develop operations and process standards to create a center of excellence in communications and marketing
- Supercharge project management team setup, organization, processes and performance
- Oversee priority tools and systems crucial to organizational success
- Create messaging, presentations and other communications for senior management
- Develop insightful reports and analysis for communications projects; prepare monthly and quarterly reports
- Lead departmental meetings, employee recognition programs, recruiting, professional development, staff engagement and team building
- Provide accurate budget management
- 7+ years of experience in process/project management role; 3+ years of experience in communications/writing role; agency or consulting experience a plus
- Demonstrated success managing a variety of strategic projects including communications initiatives
- Extremely skilled project management abilities including creating/managing budgets and timelines, as well as ensuring that all requirements are met
- Change and/or corporate transformation management skills a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Savvy with a variety of technology systems and tools including project management software
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of organization
- Management experience required
TorchLight matches qualified candidates like you with marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We can help you find a new position at a variety of exciting organizations that match your career goals and aspirations. Whether you are interested in contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions, we are 100% committed to ensuring that you have a positive candidate experience and to helping you succeed in your next career move. Benefits for Contractors In addition to competitive compensation, TorchLight offers our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance and 401(k) plans. Contact us for more information.