Seeking Email Marketing Specialist for D.C.-based educational organization
TorchLight is seeking a detail-oriented Email Marketing Specialist (Contract) for an educational organization based in Washington, D.C. Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of email marketing experience with the ability to execute a variety of email campaign types to large targeted audiences.
Qualified applicants are ideally located in the Washington, D.C. or Baltimore areas, but remote candidates in the Eastern or Central Time Zones will be considered as well.
U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Contract-to-hire; 40-hours a week; with remote work from home (WFH) options. 5% travel required.
- Implement daily email marketing tasks for one-time, recurring, trigger and dynamic campaigns including campaign setup, testing, scheduling and tagging
- Create and edit effective, brand-compliant email copy
- Perform ongoing list segmentation as well as list hygiene/maintenance
- Update and maintain email campaign database including archiving key messages for target audiences and products
- Oversee email campaign processes and work with team members to ensure implementation of best practices
- Provide campaign reports including recommendations for optimization
- Assist with other duties as needed
Skills and experience:
- 2+ years of email marketing experience
- Proven success implementing email marketing campaigns to large audience segments
- Adept at writing and editing content for email messages
- Working knowledge of marketing automation and CRM systems; Marketo and Salesforce preferred
- Proficient in Excel
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.
Please note that many of our clients have instituted COVID-19 vaccination requirements for on-site work.