Are you an events expert looking for your next role with a world-renowned brand?
TorchLight is seeking an Events Manager (Long-term contract) to lead efforts to connect with key customers and stakeholders of this global company based in Northern Virginia. You’ll work with large cross-functional teams to develop event strategies to engage top clients at custom events and conferences around the world. If you’re an expert events planner and have extensive experience overseeing all strategy, planning, logistics, and vendor management for complex events then this job could be for you!
100% remote opportunity, 30% travel required.
U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Full-time contract opportunity with benefits and a flexible work schedule with work-from-home (WFH) options in this 100% remote job.
Note: This client has instituted a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for any on-site workers.
- Set event strategy and plan yearly event calendar in partnership with customer engagement team
- Oversee and execute all aspects related to the event, ensuring customers have a world-class experience
- Create event outlook presentations and decks for senior leadership
- Coordinate closely with brand strategy team to develop unique event branding and marketing
- Create and management event budget and logistics
- Provide materials and support for ancillary conferences and events, as well as breakout sessions and customer dinners
Skills and experience:
- 4+ year’s event management or event marketing experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Visionary with proven experience creating large scale event strategies and executing successfully
- Meticulously detailed-oriented, which includes stellar project management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Experience working with large global/matrixed organizations, hospitality experience a plus
- Hands-on experience managing vendors and agencies in the event space
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.