DC-based telecommunications industry non-profit seeking a detail-oriented event planner and marketer
Our client, a pioneer in technology industry standards and thought leadership, is looking to hire an Events Marketing Manager to handle logistics and marketing related to their many event programs (live and virtual). Qualified candidates will have a strong background in project management (preferably related to event planning) and a diverse background in managing content + marketing campaigns across a variety of channels.
Candidates located in the DC metro area preferred but qualified candidates outside of area will be considered.
U.S. citizenship or permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Direct hire, full-time job, 40 hours/week. Flexible work schedule with work-from-home (WFH) options, but not fully remote.
Note: This client has instituted a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all employees.
- Lead planner for coordination and execution of virtual and live events
- Manage outside relationships relevant to event sponsorships and serve as lead on planning/execution of sponsorships
- Work with internal and external partners to strategize and execute promotional activities related to events (channels include social, email, collateral, and website)
- Manage speaker requests for industry-specific events
- Conduct all post-event evaluations
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in marketing and managing events/conferences; background and/or interest in telecommunications industry a plus
- Expert organizational and project management skills with ability to manage competing deadlines and priorities
- Experience managing marketing campaigns across channels including social and email
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.
Please note that many of our clients have instituted COVID-19 vaccination requirements for on-site work.