Seeking a Government Events Project Manager for minority, women-owned events management company located in Silver Spring, MD.
TorchLight seeks an Events Project Manager for an events management company located in Silver Spring, MD. The Events Manager will manage project details and work with clients to successfully execute event strategy and operations from start-to-finish.
Candidates must be willing to work full-time, on-site with this client organization located in Silver Spring, MD. Additionally, only candidates with CMP or CGMP and/or event experience in the federal space will be considered.
Hybrid work opportunity. Candidates must be in the DC metropolitan area. U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Direct hire full-time job opportunity. Hybrid work environment with flexible work-from-home options (WFH). This client had instituted a Covid-19 vaccination policy as condition of employment.
- Work closely with top executives to develop client-specific strategies and manage meeting and event details to meet client objectives
- Draft timelines, work plans and budgets and participate in client meetings to assess needs and scope of work
- Report on operations results and lead ongoing performance optimization
- Participate in client meetings and new business development (e.g., building budgets, conducting research, participating in presentations and proposal writing)
- On-site management of client events
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing client programs in a leadership role required
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, communications, or related field required
- Experience managing government meetings and events required
- Proven ability to review and negotiate hotel contracts
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Working knowledge of online registration systems, social media, and other event planning technologies
- CMP and/or CGMP required
- NIH meeting planning experience is a definite plus.
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.