Seeking talented, versatile Graphic Designer for DC-area organization
TorchLight seeks a talented, versatile Graphic Designer (Contract) for an organization located in Northern Virginia. The Graphic Designer is responsible for driving high-quality design concepts and projects across digital and traditional platforms. They will visually communicate brand positioning through innovative, creative design solutions and ensure that all design/style guidelines are maintained.
Qualified applicants must be located in the Washington D.C. or Baltimore metro areas. No relocation assistance is available. Candidates located outside of these areas only considered if willing to relocate. Candidates must have U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
- Develop high-quality designs based on creative briefs and client feedback in collaboration with related team members
- Create and present design concepts and strategies to a variety of stakeholders
- Complete design projects for a variety of media and channels including website, social media, email, video, advertising, collateral, event materials/signage and others
- Ensure designs adhere to approved brand and design style guide and effectively communicate corporate positioning across all media/platforms
- Oversee visual aspects of brand compliance across organization and support individuals/teams as necessary; includes corporate materials/vehicles like letterhead and communications templates
- Develop individual visual identities for sub-brands that maintain overall brand consistency
- Complete production-related tasks including digital ad sizing, file preparation for digital and print formats; work with related vendors and oversee production
- Produce user-centered digital designs in collaboration with developers
- Coordinate with vendors and contribute oversight to production process.
- Manage design process and ensure projects are delivered on time, to spec, on budget and adhere to branding and accuracy requirements
- 2+ years of experience in design or advertising
- High-quality design portfolio demonstrating knowledge of latest design trends and techniques
- Ability to effectively present concepts and designs, as well as lead productive design meetings
- Working knowledge of web design and related processes
- Adept at Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign on PC and Mac
- Experience managing creative projects end-to-end with strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- B.A. in graphic/web design or related field
TorchLight matches qualified candidates like you with marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We can help you find a new position at a variety of exciting organizations that match your career goals and aspirations. Whether you are interested in contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions, we are 100% committed to ensuring that you have a positive candidate experience and to helping you succeed in your next career move. Benefits for Contractors In addition to competitive compensation, TorchLight offers our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance and 401(k) plans. Contact us for more information.