We’re looking for an internal communications specialist for a Northern Virginia IT organization!
TorchLight is seeking an Internal Communications Specialist (Long-term contract) with digital communications experience. Ideal candidates are excellent writers and if you have communications experience supporting employee engagement and a passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) then this role could be for you!
Candidates must be located in the greater Washington D.C. area for this hybrid work opportunity.
Candidates must have U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. to be an eligible for this opportunity.
Long-term contract opportunity with the potential to convert to direct hire; full-time 40-hours per week with a package of benefits available. Note: This client has instituted a COVID-19 vaccination requirement prior to submission of application for any on-site workers.
- Support digital internal communications efforts that align with business goals and DEI efforts
- Help deliver on a strategic digital internal communications calendar
- Assist with writing and editing communications for distribution to various audiences
- Produce email communications and support audience segmentation
- Share communications performance and provide reporting information to internal communications leadership
- Support key communications projects
- Help maintain creative and photo database
- 2+ years of corporate or internal communications experience, federal contracting experience a plus
- Excellent writing skills, samples desired (i.e., employee spotlights, newsletters, leadership talking points, thought-leadership content, etc.)
- Familiarity with digital communications tools like Sociabble and Poppulo
- Understanding of marketing automation platforms like Marketo or MailChimp
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint and Teams
- Experience in the DEI space
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.