Marketing & Communications Specialist for national organization
TorchLight is seeking a Marketing & Communications Specialist (Contract-to-hire) for a leading scientific organization located in the Greater Washington DC region. The Marketing & Communication Specialist is responsible for the development of content/messaging and project lead for brand, marketing and scientific programs. The candidate will have excellent communication skills with the ability work with a diverse set of stakeholders.
Candidates must have U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity. Ideally, candidates will be located in the DC or Baltimore areas.
- Develop messaging and content to clearly communicate complex subjects (science and health focused) to a variety of target audiences
- Create content for digital platforms including web copy, social media and blogs, email campaigns, press releases, articles
- Manage marketing and communications databases and content calendar including sales, marketing, media and vendor information
- Serve as project lead and primary contact on key marketing departmental projects
- Oversee project request process and work with internal teams to prioritize and resource them
- Work with team members to support events, program launches, media relations, digital marketing campaigns and other key initiatives
- Create and manage project plans and budgets to meet expectations; provide regular status updates
- Assist on other projects as needed
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing and communications in agency or association setting. Health care experience highly desired.
- Proven success communicating complicated subject matter (science or health-related preferred) in a variety of formats/platforms
- Excellent copywriting and copyediting skills
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing complex sets of stakeholders
- Strong project management skills with high attention to detail
TorchLight matches qualified candidates like you with marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We can help you find a new position at a variety of exciting organizations that match your career goals and aspirations. Whether you are interested in contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions, we are 100% committed to ensuring that you have a positive candidate experience and to helping you succeed in your next career move. Benefits for Contractors In addition to competitive compensation, TorchLight offers our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance and 401(k) plans. Contact us for more information.