Seeking Mobile Product Manager for publishing company in NY, NY
TorchLight is seeking a Mobile Product Manager for a language learning/publishing company located in New York City. The digital product manager will be well-versed in leading product planning, feature development, and execution of mobile apps for IOS and Android. They will work closely with internal and external stakeholders and vendors to create best-in-class language learning features and products, from concept through execution and post-launch analysis.
Qualified applicants are ideally located in the greater New York City area or on the East Coast with ability to travel to NYC as needed. U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Direct Hire opportunity. Full-time job, 40-hours per week. Hybrid or remote position.
- Develop and execute mobile app product roadmap translating content into an engaging user experience
- Work with content team to lead ideation and development of new enhancements to improve consumer engagement and retention
- Manage monthly app releases, including: prioritization, and Q/A and UAT testing
- Manage Jira ticketing system and release priorities for outside vendor(s)
- Work with analyst on reporting and user engagement metrics and develop product enhancements and improvements based on data and customer feedback
- Work with ecommerce manager on in-app purchasing improvements, testing and requirements
- Coordinate communication between in-house stakeholders and multiple external vendors including the management of off-shore resources in multiple time-zones
Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 years’ experience working on B2C mobile app product management and/or voice technology
- Highly proficient in managing mobile software development with a track record of successful app product management that drives customer engagement, user satisfaction and customer retention
- Experience with Apple’s App store, Google Play, Alexa, Google Assistant and their respective policies and procedures required
- Expertise with agile development methodologies
- Highly analytical with experience translating customer engagement and product data into product roadmaps geared toward improving engagement
- Excellent verbal and written communication and project management skills
- Ed Tech or Language Learning experience a plus
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.