Northern Virginia-based company seeks PR strategist to join internal corporate communications team
TorchLight is seeking a savvy Public Relations Manager to join a large corporate higher education organization in Herndon, VA. Qualified candidates will have 4-8 years of experience in strategic external communications with very strong writing/editing skills. Prior agency experience required. This is an excellent opportunity to take your agency skills in-house!
Qualified applicants must be in the Northern, VA or Washington, D.C. areas. U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Full-time, direct hire role, 40-hours per week with flexible work-from-home (WFH) options (currently 2-3 days/week onsite)
*This employer has a proof of vaccination (or valid exemption) requirement as condition of employment.
- Execute strategic external communications and corporate reputation-building campaigns
- Manage new strategic partnerships, thought leadership programs, and events that will further organization’s reputation among key audiences
- Support management of crisis and issue-based communications efforts as needed
- Oversee content development, route internally for stakeholder approval, and implement media support materials (e.g., press kits, backgrounders, press releases, fact sheets, bios)
- Schedule and publish PR announcements and monitor incoming media relations inquiries
- Work with internal leaders and other subject matter experts to prep for assigned media interviews
- Distribute daily clips and weekly social listening reports compiled by external agencies to appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Monitor media relations inbox and identify any positive opportunities and/or reputational risks.
- Support the development of story and pitch strategies, corporate messaging, interview briefs, social media, and thought leadership
- Serve as PR and media contact for assigned events
Skills and experience:
- 4-8 years of experience in public relations, corporate/executive communications, or public affairs; experience working in an agency setting
- Exceptional project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication and project management skills
- Experience staffing c-suite level executives and events
- Ability to manage multiple projects for internal clients while maintaining attention to detail on all work
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.