Are you a flexible public relations professional with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external partners?
TorchLight is looking for an innovative PR Specialist (Contract) for a global company based in the Washington, D.C. area. Read on for details on this new position.
Washington, D.C./Baltimore metro areas with the possibility of remote work
Citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
- Coordinate and implement external communications and PR plans including events, awards, campaigns and others
- Create media pitches as well as write and place stories in online, traditional and broadcast outlets
- Monitor and measure news coverage and media outreach; maintain media monitoring platforms
- Write/edit internal and external communications materials including news releases, backgrounders, collateral, social media/blogs and others
- Develop target list of reporters and media sources, work with communications leadership on media engagement
- Complete awards applications and identify awards opportunities
- Support regional offices with communications toolkits and templates, guidance (PR, crisis communications) and other needs as requested
- Manage and update website news section as well as intranet PR content
- Provide recommendations for optimization for all programs based on performance
- Work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders including senior leadership, board members, internal teams and others
- Partner with external vendors, non-profits, government and related organizations, as well as liaise with bloggers, influencers and media
- 5+ years of experience in communications and public relations; newsroom experience preferred
- Demonstrated success developing effective communications plans, messaging, audience targeting and measurement against goals
- Superior writing skills including editing and proofreading of a variety of communications vehicles
- Deep knowledge of communications, PR and media protocols
- Strong project management skills
- Working knowledge of media tracking programs; Cision and Talkwater preferred
- Excellent verbal communication skills including public speaking and presentations
- Proficient at SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Visio; video/audio editing skills a plus
- Non-profit background a plus
- 6 months
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.