Seeking a strategic Public Relations Account Manager for DC-area agency
TorchLight seeks a PR Account Manager for a fast-growing agency in the Washington, D.C. metro area. The Account Manager will oversee and execute high-impact PR and marketing programs for a variety of clients. He or she will work across digital and traditional platforms with a results-driven focus.
Qualified applicants are ideally located in the DC Metro; remote candidates will be considered.
U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Direct Hire opportunity; full-time, 40-hours per week. Hybrid and/or remote work environment.
- Develop and implement innovative PR and marketing plans that map to client objectives
- Lead inbound and outbound media relations efforts, establishing and maintaining key media relationships
- Write effective content pieces including blogs, articles, media alerts, press releases, case studies, speaker pitches, talking points, and related materials
- Drive thought leadership through placement of key content in related publications, blogs, and other relevant channels
- Serve as project manager, ensuring all deliverables meet deadlines and specs
- Communicate proactively with clients on progress, issues, and results, serving as key client lead
- Measure and report on performance and make recommendations for optimization
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of PR and/or communications B2B, B2C or B2G experience; including project management, program management, or account management in the strategic or marketing communications industry in both the public and private sectors. At least 2 years in a managerial role.
- Excellent communication, copywriting, proofreading and editing skills
- Experience working with and managing PR agencies
- Experience working with PR and marketing automation platforms to track and manage outreach/campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.