Seeking a creative and analytics-driven Public Relations & Social Media Specialist to oversee integrated programs at growing agency
TorchLight is seeking a Public Relations & Social Media Specialist with technology industry experience to manage client marketing portfolio at an agency in Alexandria, VA. This position will manage public relations and social media campaigns – everything from strategy to campaign roll out.
Organization is in Alexandria, VA but remote candidates are encouraged to apply. U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Direct hire, full-time job, 40 hours/week. Organization may provide for long-term remote work.
- Develop strategy and execute public relations, social, and marketing/content campaigns
- Write and edit news releases, articles, presentations, blogs/articles, and marketing promotional copy
- Secure and coordinate press interviews, through proactive and reactive pitching
- Demonstrate and maintain understanding of IT-focused legislation and industry/technology trends
- Manage client program goals and deliver highly responsive with key stakeholders
- Support client reporting
- Contribute ideas to program development and new business proposals
Skills and experience:
- 4+ years’ agency (or similar) experience with technology PR/marcom experience strongly preferred
- Track record of managing strategy and execution of social media marketing campaigns (paid and organic)
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong project management skills and an eye for detail
- Familiarity with government technology media outlets
- Experience with digital marketing campaign execution
- Established record delivering results on PR and marketing programs
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.
Please note that many of our clients have instituted COVID-19 vaccination requirements for on-site work.