Seeking a creative B2B/B2G Senior Account Executive to oversee PR and social campaigns at growing agency
TorchLight is seeking a Senior Account Executive of Public Relations with technology industry experience to execute media relations, develop strategy and content, and manage integrated marketing programs at an award-winning agency in Alexandria, VA. This position will manage public relations and social media campaigns – everything from strategy to campaign roll out – for B2B and B2G clients.
Flexible WFH opportunity with onsite attendance for events. Candidates must be in the DC metropolitan area. U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Direct hire full-time job opportunity. Flexible WFH environment with travel to onsite events. This client had instituted a Covid-19 vaccination policy as condition of employment.
- Pitch and secure media placements for clients, developing creative ideas and pitches that align with client topics and reporter/publication interests
- Stay on top of breaking government IT news
- Write and edit news releases, bylines, articles, awards nominations, white papers, and case studies
- Demonstrate and maintain understanding of IT-focused legislation and industry/technology trends
- Manage client program goals and deliver highly responsive with key stakeholders
- Support client reporting and forecast/manage budgets
- Contribute ideas to program development and new business proposals
Skills and experience:
- 4+ years’ of B2B or B2G agency (or similar) experience with technology PR/marcom experience strongly preferred
- Track record of managing strategy and execution of social media marketing campaigns
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong project management skills and an eye for detail
- Familiarity with government technology media outlets
- Experience with digital marketing campaign execution
- Established record delivering results on PR and marketing programs
- Ability to write about implications of public policy issues
- Experience with forecasting, planning, and managing budgets
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.