Growing DC-based membership organization seeks talented social media manager to work as part of a global marketing team
TorchLight Hire is seeking a sharp Social Media Manager to join a mission-driven membership association based in Washington, DC. This organization is seeking a social native who can work alongside a small internal social media team to manage channels for the brand and its global affiliates. Qualified individuals should have three (3)+ years of full-scale social media strategy and implementation experience, either in a non-profit or corporate setting.
Qualified applicants are in the Washington, D.C. or Northern VA areas. U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Full-time, direct hire role, 40-hours per week. Hybrid position (2 days/week) in Washington, DC office.
- Manage global social media editorial calendar
- Co-manage daily operation of major social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Develop new content strategy to communicate with global audiences via social media channels
- Work with agency partners to conduct social media audits
- Provide social media training and counsel to internal stakeholders
- Work with brand colleagues to create social media toolkits and templates
- Support community management across organization’s global platforms
- Develop and manage organization’s influencer marketing program
- Manage social media campaign analytics including testing, optimization and reporting
Skills and experience:
- Three (3) + years of social media experience, preferably with global exposure in a non-profit organization, membership association, B2B company, or in-house agency capacity
- Strong proficiency using major social media channels including Meta Business Manager, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
- Past experience using publishing tools like Hootsuite
- Strong grasp of social media metrics and social media reporting tools
- Excellent project and time management abilities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Interest in social media trends
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.