Seeking Social Media Specialist for DC-based Organization
TorchLight seeks a Social Media Specialist (Contract) for an organization located in the Washington, D.C. area. The Social Media/Online Community Specialist will develop and publish content for social media and other digital platforms. He or she will work with various departments to translate complex research and academic concepts into compelling stories to grow audience and audience engagement on social and online channels.
Washington, D.C./Baltimore metro areas with possibility of remote work.
Candidates must have U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Employment: Full-time, contract role, 40 hours per week. Hybrid work opportunity with flexible schedule and work-from-home (WFH) options. References and background check required.
- Work with design and media teams to create impactful content for online/social media and other channels
- Create, gather, and publish content across social and digital channels including blogs, video, press releases, graphics, and other formats
- Proactively engage with online community daily and during livestreamed events
- Create and manage monthly editorial calendar
- Collaborate with international team members on social channels drive awareness and engagement among target audience
- Engage in social media listening/monitoring to grow audience participation
- Provide reports and analysis on social media performance; make recommendations for optimization
- Work with research departments to promote key content and assist with team member social media activities
- Collaborate with media team on events, content creation and related projects
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of social media experience
- Proven ability to create and promote compelling content for social media and online platforms including social media posts, blogs, press releases and articles
- Experience with social media content management systems, as well as social media monitoring and analytics tools
- Deep knowledge of all major social media platforms
- Adept at communicating scientific/academic content in an easily digestible and understandable way
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading abilities
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.