Seeking Senior Communications Manager for national non-profit
TorchLight is seeking a Senior Manager, Communications (Contract to Hire) for a national non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. The Sr. Manager, Communications is responsible for the development and execution of communications strategies that expand brand awareness, grow audience engagement, and promote thought leadership for key programs. The Senior Manager will collaborate with stakeholders and partners across the organization to meet communications objectives.
Qualified applicants must be in the Washington D.C. or Baltimore metro areas and have U.S. Citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
- Develop and implement individual strategic communications plans for a national portfolio of top initiatives.
- Manage media relations and PR efforts including events, media alerts, press kits.
- Oversee editorial initiatives including creation, distribution, testing, and program analysis across digital and print platforms.
- Work with internal partners to develop communication plans for fundraising proposals and implement plans to ensure alignment with goals.
- Manage a proactive digital media strategy that drives audience activation; includes website, social media channels, email, and content.
- Collaborate with internal constituents & partner organizations to further mission/priorities.
- Organize events to engage target audiences
- Oversee external media consultants
- At least 7 years of experience in media relations, and/or communications.
- Demonstrated success managing communications programs and driving earned media across digital and traditional platforms, including media relations/PR.
- Significant digital and social media experience with focus on audience engagement.
- Strong leader with high creative aptitude.
- Working knowledge of event/campaign management
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Expert organizational and budgeting skills
TorchLight matches qualified candidates like you with marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We can help you find a new position at a variety of exciting organizations that match your career goals and aspirations. Whether you are interested in contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions, we are 100% committed to ensuring that you have a positive candidate experience and to helping you succeed in your next career move. Benefits for Contractors In addition to competitive compensation, TorchLight offers our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance and 401(k) plans. Contact us for more information.