Seeking a Veterans Services Communications Project Manager for National D.C.-based Organization
TorchLight is seeking a Veterans Services Communications Manager (Contract) for a national organization located in Washington, D.C. The Communications Project Manager will develop and execute communications, events, programming, social media, and strategy. The ideal candidate will have experience working with armed forces or veterans’ programs and stellar communication skills.
This position is a 1-year contract role. Qualified applicants will ideally be in the D.C./Baltimore metro area, but remote candidates will be considered. U.S. Citizenship or a US permanent residency card is required for this opportunity.
- Assist in development and management of communication, training, and event campaigns.
- Integrate communications, outreach, and engagement strategies at both state and national levels.
- Develop and create strong, captivating content to increase engagement across various platforms including social mediums.
- Work on various technical channels to produce interactive digital engagements.
- Manage daily operations for new high-profile programs and initiatives.
- Execute outreach strategy including targeted campaigns.
- Manage implementation of new partners in collaboration with internal resources.
- Analyze and report on campaign performance and data; make recommendations for program optimization.
- Partner with related internal departments, external organizations, influencers, and other organizations to develop national program strategies and campaigns.
- Support communications department including working with media as well as internal and external program presentations.
- Implement new project processes and process improvements to enhance program performance.
- 5+ years of project/program management experience.
- Experience working with armed forces and/or veterans is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated communications experience.
- Previous success implementing project and prioritization processes.
- Experience executing outreach strategies and marketing campaigns.
- Ability to work effectively with stakeholders and managing stakeholder feedback.
- Excellent (short-form) written and verbal communication skills.
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.