Seeking Communications Manager for hybrid role at cleantech company
TorchLight Hire is seeking a Communications Manager for hybrid role at a growing cleantech company. The Communications Manager will be responsible for managing external communications efforts and will play a key role in building and managing relationships within the energy technology community. The Manager will also help grow the company’s brand presence through communications, content, and outreach.
Qualified applicants are ideally located in the DC Metro Area; remote candidates will be considered.
U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Direct Hire opportunity; full-time, 40-hours per week. Hybrid and/or remote work environment.
- Create and manage corporate communication strategy and plans
- Develop and maintain contact lists for media, industry analysts, customers, partners, and other stakeholders
- Build and manage relationships with key industry influencers, media contacts, and analysts and drive proactive engagement and secure positive placement
- Identify storytelling opportunities and support from concept to content creation and launch (social media, newsletter, thought leadership, press releases, etc.)
- Work with PR agency on execution, tracking and analysis all corporate communications initiatives
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years of PR and/or communications experience; energy or tech sector experience a plus
- Excellent communication, copywriting, proofreading and editing skills
- Experience working with and managing PR agencies
- Experience working with PR and marketing automation platforms to track and manage outreach/campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.