MD-based children’s museum seeks Director of Marketing to lead strategic initiatives and integrated team
TorchLight Hire is seeking a Director of Marketing for a well-known children’s museum located in Bethesda, MD. This role will be responsible for developing the integrated marketing strategy and overseeing marketing execution for the organization. Qualified individuals should have a background or keen interest in education and maker-learning and 7+ years of experience leading and implementing integrated marketing campaigns.
Qualified applicants must be in the Washington, D.C. area. U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Full-time, direct hire role, 40-hours per week with flexible work-from-home (WFH) options
*This employer has a proof of vaccination (or valid exemption) requirement as condition of employment.
- Create and implement annual marketing plans to support the organization’s mission, events, and campaigns
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the marketing function including budgeting, planning, and staff development
- Develop consistent branded storytelling, messaging, and content across multiple digital and traditional communications channels
- Manage outside vendors, agencies, consultants, freelancers and other supplier relationships, including contract negotiation and performance management
- Oversee content and collateral production to ensure messaging consistency
- Manage marketing team in the development and distribution of print and electronic collateral
- Develop metrics and analytics to test, measure, and report on campaign success
- Manage media relations by serving as the primary source and spokesperson for the organization
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of 7+ years of leading integrated and/or cause marketing experience in nonprofit, education, or social impact space, including 3+ years leadership experience (managing staff, consultants, and/or vendors)
- Proven track record of developing and implementing comprehensive marketing strategies
- Track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated successful track record as a manager and mentor
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, Hootsuite and other communications and marketing programs and tools
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including team and relationship building
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.