Seeking strong writer/editor and communications manager to join public affairs organization in Washington, DC
TorchLight is seeking a Communications Manager for a membership organization located in downtown Washington, DC. This position is suited for a creative individual with strong general marketing and communications skills and a very keen ability to write and edit marketing copy.
Qualified candidates should be based in the Washington, DC Metro Area. U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency card in the U.S. is required to be an eligible candidate for this opportunity.
Direct Hire opportunity. Full-time job, 40-hours per week. Hybrid work environment in Washington, DC-based HQ (2 days/week in the office).
*This client has instituted a Covid-19 vaccine requirement.
- Write, edit, and proofread copy for events, publications, and marketing and/or communications-related materials
- Manage organization’s social media platforms to include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Develop, design, and execute content for membership facing channels
- Assist with media outreach and build/maintain media lists
- Serve as Associate Editor on a variety of publications produced by organization
Skills and experience:
- Four (4)+ years of professional experience in marketing and communications; exceptional writing and editing skills MANDATORY (writing samples required)
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in managing strategy and execution of social media campaigns across different platforms
- Knowledge and use of CRM Systems (Anywhere CRM or similar) and email marketing systems such as Higher Logic
TorchLight Hire matches qualified candidates like you with contract and permanent marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We offer our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance, 401(k) plans and others.
TorchLight values diversity, equity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, perspectives and experience — including our full-time employees, contractors and clients. Read more about our commitment to diversity.