5 Reasons Your Washington, D.C. Company Needs a Marketing Temp
To stay flexible AND get the job done, more DC, Northern Virginia and Maryland businesses are turning to short-term marketing, communications, and PR contractors
In today’s fast-paced and competitive marketplace, you need every advantage in your corner. That’s why more and more companies in the Nation’s Capitol are turning to experienced and accomplished temporary employees.
Here are five reasons why your company needs a marketing temp:
- You need more staff power: Whether you’re scrambling to finish an important project or simply have more work than people to do it, a short-term marketing temp is a cost-effective and flexible solution. (And, don’t underestimate the positive impact on employee morale when you recognize the need for more hands on deck and deliver!
- You don’t have budget to hire more full-time positions: Gone are the days of adding new positions with the blink of an eye. Today’s companies are much more careful about budgets and bottom lines. A marketing, communications, digital or PR temp is a great way to add more people without breaking the budget. And, because it’s a short-term relationship, you’ll maintain flexibility over how long the temp stays on board.
- You are covering for a staff absence (maternity or family leave, sabbatical, etc.): Life is life, and that means that key employees will sometimes be out of pocket for weeks, or even months, at a time. Don’t lose valuable time; an experienced professional can jump in to help fill the gaps.
- You need someone with a very specialized skill– but not enough to justify a full-time position: In today’s digital world, marketing requires many different skill sets. Tap into the special expertise of marketing pros by bringing digital marketing, digital strategy or content marketing temps onto your team. Take advantage of their knowledge for the short term, and watch your company thrive for the long term.
- You’ve got some ideas to try before you commit: Adding new positions is time-intensive and costly–and often requires selling it to upper management first. A marketing temp, however, is a low-cost, flexible alternative, allowing you to “test” a new position before making the commitment.
So, if you’re ready to join the countless other DMV nonprofits, for-profits, start-ups and trade associations relying on temps, we’re here to help you find the right communications, PR and digital temporary staff for your goals.
TorchLight is a trusted partner to influential companies throughout the D.C. metro area searching for highly-qualified candidates to fill their full-time, part-time, contract and consulting positions. Visit our job board, upload your resume, and contact us today to learn more!