Our Commitment to the Black Lives Matter Movement
TorchLight Hire stands with the Black Lives Matter movement.
At TorchLight, we are committed:
- To discovering how we can better support the Black Lives Matter movement.
- To listening to different voices so we can continue to learn and begin to understand the message.
- To empathizing and learning how we can help.
- To speaking up when we see injustice rather than remaining silent.
- To confronting our fears of saying something wrong.
- To imparting kindness whenever and wherever we can.
- To recognizing that we don’t have the answers but can be part of the solution.
- To being human.
To learn more on how to support Black Lives Matter and marginalized groups in your community, check out these resources:
- Register to vote and confirm you are registered online
- Read over community-made resource pages and guides:
- PB Resources, a site created and maintained by Black women
- Ally Resource Guide, a document full of organizations, actions, and content
- Talking Points, a document detailing how best to confront racism in conversation
- Anti-Racism Guide, a document intended to serve as a resource to white people and parents engaging in anti-racism work
- Donate to funds and organizations:
- List of BLM funds and organizations from GLAAD, an LGBTQ+ non-profit
- The Center for Black Equity, a non-profit dedicated to improving the lives of Black LGBTQ+ people by building a global network of LGBTQ+ individuals, allies, and community-based organizations
- List of other places to donate to in support of Black Lives Matter
- Search on Google or Yelp for Black-owned businesses near you. Cities will often have directories explicitly for this purpose, like this one for Black-owned businesses in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Sign petitions in support of Black Lives Matter and the Black community as a whole
- Review protest guides:
- Know Your Rights by the ACLU
- Protesting Safety and Preparation by WIRED Magazine
Have questions about TorchLight’s diversity initiatives? Read over our diversity statement and feel free to email us or reach out on LinkedIn.
Looking for experienced marketing recruiters to meet your search, staffing and job search needs? We’re here to help!
- Contact us about your marketing search & staffing needs
- Search marketing, communications, and creative jobs