Happy New Year from TorchLight! To help hiring managers like you recruit the best employees in 2019, our team members put together our top recommended resolutions for the upcoming year. Enjoy!
Top 10 Resolutions for Hiring Managers
1. Be mindful of the tight job market! Find out more…
2. Schedule 15 minutes daily to review resumes that have come through and schedule a call immediately once you identify a strong candidate.
3. Have an open mind and be flexible regarding skills needed for the role. Don’t miss out on someone who has 80% of the right stuff and could grow into the role!
4. A candidate’s experience is very important but don’t overlook traits like personal accountability and adaptability that are critical to long-term success.
5. Consider flexible work options to attract and retain the best candidates. Watch below for more…
6. Consider contractors for short-term work with the option to hire full time and don’t overlook current employees to fill a new role.
7. Give your top candidates a realistic overview of your department, organizational culture, and challenges they might encounter. Otherwise, they will quickly figure it out which can negatively impact your professional relationship.
8. Move quickly when you find a great candidate because that person likely won’t be in the market long. And give them your best offer first.
9. Don’t overlook the onboarding experience! Ensure that your new hire receives adequate support and training in first few weeks including regular check-ins. And make sure their computer and phone are working and the desk is clean!
10. Strive to build an organization committed to employee success. Training, advancement and flexibility will increase employee retention and productivity.
We hope these resolutions are helpful as you work to hire the top candidates in 2019. Please reach out if we can be of any assistance and we wish you the best of luck!