Top 10 New Year’s Resolutions for Job Seekers
Happy New Year from TorchLight! In the spirit of new beginnings, our team members put together our top recommended resolutions to help candidates like you kickstart your 2019 job search. Enjoy!
Top 10 Resolutions for Job Seekers
1. There’s no better time than the present to start your job search. Here’s how to get started now.[embedyt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlItXA6HKg0[/embedyt]
2. Schedule time every day to look for the right role so that it doesn’t fall to the bottom of the to-do list.
3. Research the companies you’re interested in working for. What is their mission statement, culture, and core values? The more you know going in, the more successful you will be.
4. Be sure to freshen up your resume, line up your references, be ready to show your samples, and reach out to your network.
5. Don’t rely on spellcheck! Ask a friend or former colleague who has an eye for spelling and grammar to proofread your resume.
6. Stop “Quick Applying” and use your network to move your search forward. Watch to learn how.[embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzIEKkBs7tk[/embedyt]
7. Respond promptly and courteously to hiring managers and others who respond to you on LinkedIn. This will impress them and give you an advantage.
8. Look for strong leadership. Working with strong leaders who serve as advocates for their teams and projects can have a significant impact on your career satisfaction and development.
9. Remember the “power of listening” when interviewing. Stop to listen and make sure that you really understand what information the interviewer is trying to learn before answering a question.
10. Focus on culture, not money. If the money is right but the culture is not, you won’t be happy in the long run.
We hope these tips help you get started on your 2019 job search and please feel free to reach out if we can be of any assistance along the way. Happy New Year and best of luck! &